Underground Service Line Coverage
Be prepared for the unexpected with this new coverage from SECURA
Did you know that underground service lines that run from the street to your home are your responsibility as a homeowner? This means that any sewer and water piping, as well as underground electrical and communication lines running from the street to your house, are all your responsibility to fix should a problem occur.
What you may not know, is that these lines can be damaged due to causes that are not covered under your standard homeowners’ insurance policy, leaving you with an oftentimes messy yard and a hefty bill to pay.
What is considered a covered Underground Service Line?
- Waste disposal
- Heating, including geothermal, steam, natural gas, and propane
- Electrical power
- Communications, including internet access, telecommunications, wide area networks, data transmission
- Compressed air
Should your property be damaged due to an Underground Service Line failure, retain peace of mind by knowing SECURA is there for you. We will cover:
- Costs to repair or replace the underground service line
- Excavation and exploration expenses
- Trees, shrubs, plants, lawns, landscape, hardscape, walkways, and driveways
- Expediting expenses to make temporary repairs and expedite permanent repairs or replacement
- Additional living expenses if your home is uninhabitable (Includes hotel and food costs)